Tuesday 24 March 2020

Muhammad’s Family In Hell: How Allah Dishonored his “Prophet”


The Quran acknowledges Jesus’ family members as the greatest of all beings, and honors his blessed mother as the greatest woman ever created:
Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of ‘Imran above (all His) creatures. They were descendants one of another. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (Remember) when the wife of ‘Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower! And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female – Allah knew best of what she was delivered – the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast. And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will… And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation. S. 3:33-37, 42
In fact, she is the only woman mentioned by name within the Islamic scripture who has an entire chapter devoted to her honor, namely chapter 19, titled Surat al-Maryam (“the chapter of Mary”).
The Muslim scripture even affirms the virginal conception and birth of Christ,
She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. S. 3:47
She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained. S. 19:20-21
As well as his absolute essential purity and holiness: 
He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. S. 19:19
Compare this with the following renderings:
“… a son endowed with purity.” Muhammad Asad
“… a holy son.” Yusuf Ali
“… a righteous son.” Hilali-Khan
“… a pure boy.” Shakir
“… a son endowed with a spotless character.” Shabbir Ahmed
“… a pure son.” Khalifa
“… a son who is stamped with the character of sublimity, holiness and piety.” Al-muntakhab fi tafsir al-Qur’an al-Karim
“… a boy most pure.” Arberry
Click on this link to see more translations https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/19/19/default.htm.
Contrast this with Muhammad, whom Muslims erroneously believe is the greatest human being ever created.
The Quran repeatedly goes out of its way to expose him as a weak, feeble, double minded sinner whose deity constantly threatened to humiliate and/or kill him if he faltered or failed in his mission:
And seek forgiveness of Allah. Lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. And plead not on behalf of (people) who deceive themselves. Lo! Allah loveth not one who is treacherous and sinful. S. 4:106-107
O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou wilt not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk. S. 5:67
Allah forgive thee (O Muhammad)! Wherefor didst thou grant them leave ere those who told the truth were manifest to thee and thou didst know the liars? S. 9:43
This is (part) of that wisdom wherewith thy Lord hath inspired thee (O Muhammad). And set not up with Allah any other god, lest thou be cast into hell, reproved, abandoned. S. 17:39
And they indeed strove hard to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend. And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little. Then had we made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us. S. 17:73-75
Or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till thou bring down for us a book that we can read. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be Glorified! Am I aught save a mortal messenger? S. 17:93
Say: I am only a mortal like you. My Lord inspireth in me that your God is only One God. And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord. S. 18:110
O Prophet! Keep thy duty to Allah and obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise. S. 33:1
And verily it hath been revealed unto thee as unto those before thee (saying): If thou ascribe a partner to Allah thy work will fail and thou indeed wilt be among the losers. S. 39:65
Then have patience (O Muhammad). Lo! the promise of Allah is true. And ask forgiveness of thy sin, and hymn the praise of thy Lord at fall of night and in the early hours. S. 40:55
Say (unto them O Muhammad): I am only a mortal like you. It is inspired in me that your God is One God, therefor take the straight path unto Him and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe unto the idolaters, S. 41:6
Say: I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner. S. 46:9
So know (O Muhammad) that there is no God save Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy sin and for believing men and believing women. Allah knoweth (both) your place of turmoil and your place of rest. S. 47:19
Lo! We have given thee (O Muhammad) a signal victory, That Allah may forgive thee of thy sin that which is past and that which is to come, and may perfect His favour unto thee, and may guide thee on a right path, S. 48:1-2
And if he had invented false sayings concerning Us, We assuredly had taken him by the right hand And then severed his life-artery, And not one of you could have held Us off from him. S. 69:44-47
Say (unto them, O Muhammad): I pray unto Allah only, and ascribe unto Him no partner. Say: Lo! I control not hurt nor benefit for you. Say: Lo! none can protect me from Allah, nor can I find any refuge beside Him (Mine is) but conveyance (of the Truth) from Allah, and His messages; and whoso disobeyeth Allah and His messenger, lo! his is fire of hell, wherein such dwell for ever. Till (the day) when they shall behold that which they are promised (they may doubt); but then they will know (for certain) who is weaker in allies and less in multitude. Say (O Muhammad, unto the disbelievers): I know not whether that which ye are promised is nigh, or if my Lord hath set a distant term for it. S. 72:20-25
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy. S. 110:3
It gets worse. According to the Islamic sources, Allah refused to accept Muhammad’s intercession for his mother who died as an idolatress, causing the latter to weep bitterly since he had to accept the fact that both his parents were being tortured in hell:
(36) Chapter: The prophet asked his Lord for permission to visit the grave of his mother
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger, (may peace be upon him) as saying: I sought permission to beg forgiveness for my mother, but He did not grant it to me. I sought permission from Him to visit her grave, and He granted it (permission) to me. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 2129 https://sunnah.com/muslim/11/134)
Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) visited the grave of his mother and he wept, and moved others around him to tears, and said: I sought permission from my Lord to beg forgiveness for her but it was not granted to me, and I sought permission to visit her grave and it was granted to me. So visit the graves, for that makes you mindful of death. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, 2130 https://sunnah.com/muslim/11/135)
(It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters…) [9:113-114]. Abu ‘Abd Allah Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah al-Shirazi informed us> Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn Khamirawayh al-Harawi> Abu’l-Hasan ‘Ali ibn Muhammad al-Khuza’i> Abu’l-Yaman> Shu’ayb> al-Zuhri> Sa’id ibn al-Musayyab> his father who said: “When Abu Talib was about to die, the Prophet entered in on him while Abu Jahl and ‘Abd Allah ibn Abi Umayyah were present. He said: ‘O uncle, say with me, there is no god but Allah, so that I can plead with Allah in your favour’. Abu Jahl and Ibn Abi Umayyah said: ‘O Abu Talib, will you shun the religion of ‘Abd al-Muttalib?’ And they kept talking to him such that the last thing he uttered was: ‘I follow the religion of ‘Abd al-Muttalib’. The Prophet then said: ‘I will pray for your forgiveness as long as I am not forbidden from doing it’. This verse was then revealed (It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire)”. This was narrated by Bukhari from Ishaq ibn Ibrahim> ‘Abd al-Razzaq> Ma’mar, and also by Muslim from Harmalah> Ibn Wahb> Yunus; both Ma’mar and Yunus related it from al-Zuhri. Abu Sa’id ibn Abi ‘Amr al-Naysaburi informed us> al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali ibn Mu’ammil> ‘Amr ibn ‘Abd Allah al-Basri> Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab> Ja’far ibn ‘Awn> Musa ibn ‘Ubaydah> Muhammad ibn Ka’b al-Qurazi who said: “I heard that when Abu Talib fell ill to the illness that led to his death, the Quraysh said to him: ‘O Abu Talib, send for your nephew to send you something to cure you from the Garden he mentions’. The emissary went to find the Messenger of Allah. He found him sitting with Abu Bakr. He said to him: ‘O Muhammad, your uncle says to you that he is old and weak and he wants you to send him some of the food and drink of the Garden you mention so that he regains health’. Abu Bakr replied: ‘Allah, exalted is He, has made it forbidden for the unbelievers’. (‘Alī ibn Ahmad al-Wahidi, Asbab al-Nuzul https://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=86&tSoraNo=9&tAyahNo=113&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2; bold emphasis mine)
And so they prayed for the forgiveness of the idolaters until the verse (It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters)”. Abu’l-Qasim ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Ahmad al-Harrani informed us> Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn Nu’aym> Muhammad ibn Ya’qub al-Umawi> Bahr ibn Nasr> Ibn Wahb> Ibn Jurayj> Ayyub ibn Hani’> Masruq ibn al-Ajda’> ‘Abd Allah ibn Mas’ud> who said: “The Messenger of Allah went out one day to look at the graveyards and we went out with him. He ordered us to sit and then proceeded across until he stopped at one particular grave. He spoke to it for a long time and then the Messenger of Allah wept loudly and we wept for his weeping. After a while, he came toward us and was met by ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab who asked him: ‘O Messenger of Allah, what has made you cry, for we also cried and we were also scared?’ He came toward us, sat with us and then said: ‘My weeping made you scared?’ We said: ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allah!’ He said: ‘The grave you saw me talking to is the grave of Aminah bint Wahb. I sought permission from my Lord to visit her and He allowed me to do so. Then, I asked His permission to pray for her forgiveness and He did not grant it. The words of Allah, exalted is He (It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire. The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him…) were revealed and I was seized by the tenderness which a son has toward his mother. This is the reason why I wept”. (Ibid. https://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=86&tSoraNo=9&tAyahNo=113&tDisplay=yes&Page=3&Size=1&LanguageId=2; bold emphasis mine)
Another source claims:
He (Ibn Sa‘d) said: Then they said: O Apostle of Allah, our mother Mulaykah Bint al-Hulw used to secure the freedom of prisoners, feed the mendicant and show compassion to the poor. She had died. She had interred alive a daughter of very tender age, so what would be her condition. He said: She who interred her (daughter) alive and she who was interred alive are both in hell fire. Thereupon they got infuriated. He said: Come to me. They came back and he said: MY MOTHER IS WITH YOURS. They rejected it, and went away saying: By Allah! This man who made us eat the heart and thinks that our mother is in hell-fire, is not worthy of being followed. They set out and on the way they confronted one of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah who was bringing camels of sadaqah. They tied him and carried away the camels. This news reached the Prophet. He cursed them along with those whom he was cursing in these words: May Allah curse Ri‘l, Dhakwan, ‘Usayyah, Lihyan, and two sons of Mulaykah–Ibn Harim and Murran. (Ibn Sa’ad’s Kitab Al-Tabaqat Al-Kabir, English translation by S. Moinul Haq, M.A., PH.D, assisted by H.K. Ghazanfar M.A. [Kitab Bhavan Exporters & Importers, 1784 Kalan Mahal, Daryaganj, New Delhi – 110 002 India], Volume I, Parts I & II, pp. 383-384; capital and underline emphasis ours)
The so-called sound reports further claim that Muhammad’s father is actually burning in hell:
Chapter 86: HE WHO DIED WITH UNBELIEF WOULD BE (THROWN) INTO THE FIRE, INTERCESSION WOULD BE OF NO AVAIL TO HIM AND THE RELATIONSHIP OF HIS FAVOURITES WOULD NOT BENEFIT HIM
Anas reported: Verily, a person said: Messenger of Allah, where is my father? He said: (He) is in the Fire. When he turned away, he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire. (Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0398 https://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=001&translator=2&start=0&number=0398)
What a marked contrast between Muhammad and his parents who are all in hell, with the Lord Jesus’ blessed mother and family, whom the Quran praises as the greatest of all creatures!
As the following Christian author puts it:
Al- Baidawi said, “It has been reported that Muhammad said to Abu Talib when the latter was on his deathbed, ‘Say a word which I can use in my argument with God for you.’ But Abu Talib refused. Muhammad said, ‘I will continue asking pardon for you unless I would be forbidden to do that.’ And then this verse descended. It was also said that when he conquered Mecca, he went out and visited his mother’s tomb. He stood up, with tears in his eyes, and said, ‘I have taken leave from my Lord to visit my mother’s tomb and he gave me leave, and have taken leave to ask pardon for her but he gave me no leave, and brought down on me these two verses.’”
Qatada said, “Muhammad said, ‘Surely I will ask pardon for my father as Abraham asked pardon for his father.’ And then this verse was revealed.” Expositors are in agreement that Muhammad used to ask pardon for his father (Abdallah, his mother Amina, and his uncle Abu Talib, and that God forbade him and rebuked him so strongly that he wept, for they were idolaters and inhabitants of hell. What a vast difference between the parents of Muhammad and those of Christ! (‘Abdllah ‘Abd al-Fadi, Is The Qur’an Infallible? [Light of Life, Villach, Austria], pp. 345-346; bold emphasis ours)
Seeing how Allah humiliated and broke the heart of the one whom Muslims say was beloved to his heart, and seeing how often he threatened to disgrace and/or kill the very person that was supposedly dearest to his heart, can any Muslim trust that Allah will treat them any better?
Isn’t it time for Muslims to turn away from Muhammad and turn to the only One who can save them and grant them everlasting life, the One who will never shame or humiliate them, but love them with an everlasting love?
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:37-44 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.” John 10:27-30 AKJV
“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” John 11:25-26 AKJV
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6 AKJV
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 AKJV
“and brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” Acts 16:30-31 AKJV
“that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:9-13 AKJV
Unless noted otherwise, quranic citations taken from Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall’s English version.
Further Reading
Mary in the Islamic Perspective (https://answeringislam.net/Shamoun/mary_amina.htm)

IHS

No comments:

Post a Comment