A list of Qur’anic Truth
The following are some real teachings of Islam:
- Men are superior to women (surah 2:228).
- Women have half the rights of men: in court witness (surah 2:282) and in inheritance (surah ).
- A man may punish his wife by beating her (surah ).
- A man may marry up to four wives at the same time (surah 4:3).
- A wife is a sex object for her husband (surah 2:223).
- Muslims must fight until their opponents submit to Islam (surah ).
- A Muslim must not take a Jew or a a Christian for a friend (surah ).
- A Muslim apostate must be killed (surah ).
- Stealing is punished by the amputation of the hands (surah ).
- Adultery is punished by public flogging (surah 24:2).
- No separation between Church and State. (Surah 2:193)
- No opposition party allowed. (Surah 4:59)
- Resisting Islam is punished by death, crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet (surah ).
- Fate decides everyone's eternal destination (surah ).
- Every Muslim will pass through Hell (surah 19:71).
- Heaven in Islam is the place where a Muslim will be reclining, eating meats and delicious fruits, drinking exquisite wines, and engaging in sex with virgins (surah 55:54- 56) & (surah 52:17,19).
Are women equal to men according to Islam?
- Islam teaches that women are inferior to men. "...And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree over them..."Surah 2:228
In what areas are women unequal to men in Islam?
- Islam teaches that women are less than equal to men in at least two major areas:
First, in inheritance: A woman's share is half that of a man; "To the male a portion equal to that of two females..." Surah 4:11; Second, in court witness: The witness of two women equals the witness of one man: "And get two witnesses out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women such as ye choose, for witness..." Surah 2:282
What is the status of a wife in relation to her husband?
- Islam considers the wife a possession: "...Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses..." Surah 3:14
What is the extent of a husband's authority over his wife in Islam?
- Islam teaches that a wife is subject to punishment by her husband. As a punishment, beating a wife or abstaining from sexual relations with her is allowed. "...As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, Admonish them, refuse to share their beds, beat them,..." Surah 4:34; "For those who take an oath for abstention from their wives, a waiting for four months is ordained; if they return, God is oft-forgiving, most merciful." Surah 2:226
What rules apply only to women regarding their appearance in public?
- Islam instructs women to veil themselves always when they are outside their homes. And, even inside their homes, in certain situations: "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty..." Surah 24:31; "O prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad)..." Surah 33:59
SEX AND MARRIAGE
How many wives may a Muslim man marry?
- Islam allows polygamy: A man may marry up to four wives at one time. "...Marry women of your choice, two,or three, or four..." Surah 4:3 Note: Extra privileges were given to Mohammed, "The Prophet of Islam." He was allowed unlimited wives. Mohammed had 13 wives in addition to several concubines which we know of for a fact. Ayesha was only nine years old at the time he married her, Mohammed was fifty-three years old. Another wife, Zaynab Bint Jahsh, was his daughter-in-law. When Zaid, Mohammed's adopted son, saw that Mohammed desired his wife, he divorced her so that Mohammed could marry her.
What is the sexual role of the wife in marriage according to Islam?
- Islam considers the wife a sex object. "Your wives are as a tilth (a field to be ploughed) unto you, so approach your tilth when or how ye will." Surah 2:223
Is divorce allowed in Islam?
- A man can divorce his wife by oral pronouncement. The wife has no such right in the Qur’an:"It may be, if he divorced you that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you..."Surah 66:5
May a man reunite with his wife after divorcing her?
- When a husband has pronounced divorce three times on his wife, he may not lawfully remarry her until she has married (and hd sexual intercourse) and been divorced by another man called "Al Mohalil" (the legalizer)."A divorce is only permissible twice; after that, the parties should either hold together on equitable terms, or separate with kindness,..." Surah 2:229 "...So if a husband divorces his wife he cannot after that, remarry her until after she has married another husband, and he has divorced her, in that case there is no blame on either of them if they reunite..." Surah 2:230
Does Islam permit freedom of choice regarding religion?
- Islam compels its adherents to force others to accept Islam. Muslims must fight until all their opponents submit to Islam, unless, of course, those opponents prefer death. Christians and Jews may be spared if they pay "Jizya" (penalty tax) with willing submission, and humiliation:"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day... Nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya (taxes) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Surah 9:29 "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait (ambush) for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity then open the way for them." Surah 9:5 (see also Surah 2:193)"Therefore; when ye meet the unbelievers (in a fight) smite at their necks; at length;when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly in (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens." Surah 47:4
Does Islam teach the equality of all people?
- Islam teaches that Muslims are superior to others. "Ye (Muslims) are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind..." Surah 3:110
Can Islam co-exist with and tolerate other religions?
- Islam condemns non-Muslims, other than Christians and Jews, as infidels. "The life of this world is alluring to those who reject faith (infidels), and they scoff at those who believe. But the righteous will be above them on the day of resurrection..." Surah 2:212
Neither do Christians and Jews escape Islam's condemnation: "The Jews call Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers (infidels) of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the truth!" Surah 9:30
Islam instructs Muslims to not befriend Jews or Christians: "O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is one of them. Allah guideth not a people unjust." Surah 5:51
What happens to a person who converts to Islam and then later changes his mind?
- Islam teaches that any person who accepts Islam and then later turns away from it will be subject to death.
"But if they violate their oath after their covenant, and taunt you for your faith, fight ye the chiefs of unfaith: for their oaths are nothing to them." Surah 9:12 (See also Surah 4:89)
Does Islam teach the "Separation of Church and State?"
- Islam teaches that the Qur’an is the Constitution, God is the author of law, and the State is the agent to implement the law."And fight them on, until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah (and the religion is Allah's)." Surah 2:193; "We have sent down to thee the Book (the Qur’an) in truth, that thou mightest judge between men, as guided by Allah: so be not as an advocate by those who betray their trust."Surah 4:105"; So judge between them by what Allah hath revealed and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the truth that has come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and open way." Surah ; "The command (the rule) is for none but Allah; He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: That is the right religion, but most men understand not." Surah 12:40
How Does the Qur’an consider those who do not abide by its laws?
- The Qur’an considers them wrong-doers, rebels, and unbelievers: "And if any fail to judge by what Allah hath revealed, they are wrong-doers." Surah 5:45; "If any do fail to judge by what Allah hath revealed, they are those who rebel." Surah 5:47; "If any do fail to judge by what Allah has revealed,they are unbelievers." Surah 5:44
What are some of Islamic rules and punishments that must be implemented in an IslamicState?
- Islam imposes a harsh code of punishment on those who violate its laws. Here are some examples:
- Resisting Islam: punished by death, crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet."The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of the hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land..." Surah 5:33
- Adultery and Fornication: punished by public flogging for the unmarried person. For the married, the punishment is stoning."The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes; let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day; and let a party of the believers witness their punishment." Surah 24:2
- Stealing: punished by amputation of the hands."As to the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands: A punishment, by way of example, from Allah for their crime: and Allah is exalted in power." Surah 5:38
- Drinking: punished by 40 to 80 lashes according to the Hadith (Mohammed's sayings). - See Sahih al-Bukhari vol. 8:770; Islam forbids wine."O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, stones and arrows, are an abomination, of Satan's handiwork: Eschew such that you may prosper." Surah 5:90. Ironically, the faithful are promised "rivers of wine" in
Would these laws be imposed on non-Muslim minorities in an Islamic State?
- Non-Muslims must follow the same rules, and are subject to the same punishment.
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and inthe hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost. " Surah 3:85
Would an opposition party be allowed in an Islamic State?
No, because the ruler rules by a mandate from God, and God must not be opposed. "Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision (the rule) thereof is with Allah: such isAllah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn." Surah 42:10"; O ye who believe obey Allah and the Apostle and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Apostle. "Surah 4:59
Has the experiment of an Islamic State been applied in modern history? If so, how successful has it been?
There are many countries today that rule, to different degrees, by Islamic laws. Some of the countries that rigidly apply Islam are:
How sure can a Muslim be about his eternity?
- Islam teaches that "fate" decides everyone's eternal destination."Every man's fate We have fastened on his own neck: on the day of Judgment We shall bring out for him a scroll which he will see spread open." Surah 17:13
- The Qur’an teaches that every Muslim will pass through hell. "Not one of you but will pass over it (originally: through it [hell]). This is a decree which must be accomplished." Surah 19:71
- The only assurance for a Muslim to go to heaven is through fighting for the cause of spreading Islam and being martyred in the process. "And if ye are slain, or die in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass." Surah 3: 157
Does the God of Islam lead each Muslim to eternal salvation?
- According to the Qur’an, God leads and misleads as He pleases. "Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases." Surah 14:4"; Those whom God willeth to guide, He openeth their breast to Islam; Those whom He willeth to leave straying, He maketh their breast close and constricted as if they had to climb up to the skies." Surah 6:125
- God's will is that some be not guided aright, but He will inflict punishment on them for not being guided aright. "If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance: But the word from Me will come "I will fill hell with jinns (demons) and men all together."Surah 32:13
- God makes it impossible for those who reject Islam to believe later. "As to those who reject faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur)." Surah 2:6-7
- God orders people to transgress so that He will have an excuse to destroy them. "When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those among them who are given the good things of this life to transgress, so that the word is proved true against them: then (it is) We destroy them utterly." Surah 17:16
- It is up to Allah to forgive and punish as He pleases. "He (Allah) forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and punisheth whom He pleaseth, for Allah has power over all things." Surah 2:284
What is Islam's concept of heaven?
- Heaven in Islam is the place where a Muslim man will be reclining, eating meat and delicious fruits, drinking exquisite wines, and engaging in sex with beautiful women, (and eternally-young beautiful boys or young men "Wildan or Ghilman," (according to some Muslim theologians). There is no mention of women's rewards. "As to the righteous, they will be in gardens, and in happiness...(to them will be said:) "Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds." They will recline (with ease) on thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them (in the original: marry them) to companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes... And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they desire. They shall there exchange, one with another, a cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of ill. Round about them will serve to them youths (handsome) as pearls well-guarded." Surah 52:17, 19, 20, 22-24 (see also Surah 4:57; Surah 76:12-22; Surah 55:54-56; and Surah 47:15)
INCREDIBILE TEACHING OF MUHAMMAD
Mohammed's teachings are included in what is called "Hadith." The "Hadith" is a record of Mohammed's words and deeds according to his wives, relatives, and companions. Next to the Qur’an, it is the most important part of Islamic law; its teachings are just as binding. The Hadith is recorded in many books, and by many people, not all of them are agreed upon by all Muslims. All of our quotes here are from "Sahih Al-Bukhari" which comes in nine volumes, and contains thousands of Hadiths. Al Bukhari is accepted by most Muslims as the authentic words of Mohammed. Because of the limited space, we will mention here just a few examples. Our purpose is to give the reader a taste of the teachings of Mohammed, the prophet of Islam. Some of these teachings may shock you, and some may amuse you. Others may simply leave you mystified.
Women are deficient in mind and religion.
- Mohammed asked some women, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half that of a man?" The women said, "yes," He said, "This is because of the deficiency of the woman's mind. "Vol. 3:826
- Mohammed to women: "I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than you." Vol. 2:541
The majority of people in hell are women.
- Mohammed said, "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers are women. " Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124
Women are a bad omen.
- Mohammed said, " Bad omen is in the woman, the house and the horse." Vol. 7:30
Women are harmful to men.
- Mohammed said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women."Vol. 7:33
Women may not wear wigs.
- Mohammed said, " Don't wear false hair for Allah sends His curse upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially." Vol. 7:133
SEX AND MARRIAGE
Mohammed's sexual strength is equal to 30 men.
Anas said, "The prophet used to visit all his wives in an hour round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the prophet was given the strength of thirty (men). " Vol. 1:268
Mohammed married a 9 year old girl.
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."Vol. 7:64
Allah hurries to please Mohammed's sexual desires.
When the Qur’anic verse that allows Mohammed to postpone the turn of any wife was revealed, and when Mohammed said that Allah allowed him to marry his adopted son's wife, Aisha (one of his wives) told him, "O Allah's Apostle I do not see but that your Lord hurries in pleasing you. " Vol. 7:48
When a woman is divorced irrevocably, she can not return to her husband until she marries (including having sexual intercourse) with another man. "Narrated Aisha: The wife of Rifaa Al-Qurazi came to Allah's Apostle and said, 'O Allah's Apostle, Rifaa divorced me irrevocably. After him I married Abdur-Rahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi who proved to be impotent.' Allah's Apostle said to her, 'Perhaps you want to return to Rifaa? Nay (You cannot return to Rifaa) until you and Abdur-Rahman (the impotent man) engage in sexual intercourse!" Vol. 7:186
Islam is to be imposed by force.
Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not).Vol. 4:196
Apostasy is punishable by death.
Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57
A Muslim must not be killed if he kills a non-Muslim.
- Mohammed said, " No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel). Vol. 9:50
Ethnic cleansing is practiced.
- Mohammed said to the Jews, "You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle (Mohammed) and I want to expel you from this land (The
Mohammed's last words at his deathbed were: "Turn the pagans (non-Muslims) out of the
No assurance of Salvation.
- Mohammed said. "By Allah, though I am the apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me." Vol. 5:266
God punishes a deceased if his relatives weep.
- Mohammed said, "The deceased is punished because of the weeping of his relatives." Vol. 2:375
When you speak badly about a deceased, the deceased will go to hell.
- Mohammed said, "You praised this, so
Urine on your clothes will bring punishment from God.
- Mohammed said, "The deceased person is being tortured in the grave not for a great thing to avoid, it is for being soiled with his urine. " Vol. 2:460
Holy war (Jihad) is a guarantee of heaven.
- Mohammed said, "The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to paradise (if he is killed). " Vol. 1:35
Drinking camel's urine will make you healthy.
"The prophet ordered them to follow his camels, and drink their milk and urine , so they followed the camels and drank their milk and urine till their bodies became healthy." Vol. 7:590
Fever is from the heat of hell.
- Mohammed said, " Fever is from the heat of hell, so put it out (cool it) with water." Vol. 7:619
A fly in your drink is a cure.
- Mohammed said, "If a housefly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." Vol. 4:537
How the baby's looks are determined.
- Mohammed said, "As for the child, if the man's discharge precedes the woman's discharge, the child attracts the similarity of the man, and if the woman's discharge precedes the man's, then the child attracts the similarity of the woman." Vol. 5:275
If you eat garlic don't come to the place of worship.
- Mohammed said, "Whosoever ate from this plant (i.e. garlic) should not enter the mosque."Vol. 1:812
Effect of evil eye
- Mohammed said, "The effect of an evil eye is a fact. " Vol. 7:636
Which shoe you should put on first.
Mohammed said, "If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first, and if you want them off, take the left one first." Vol. 7:747
Breathing in your drink is bad.
- Mohammed said, "Don't breath into your drinking utensil." Vol. 1:156
God frightens his devotees with eclips.
- Mohammed said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah and they do not eclipse because of the death of someone but Allah frightens His devotees with them. " Vol. 2:158
Satan urinates in people's ears, when they don't wake up for prayer.
- Narrated Abdullah: the prophet was told that a person had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The prophet said, "Satan urinated in his ears." Vol. 2:245
Yawning is from Satan.
- The prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of yuo (during the act of yawning) should say: "Ha", Satan will laugh at him." Vol. 2:158
Stars are missiles which God uses to hit the devils.
- The creation of stars is for three purposes, i.e., as decoration of the sky, as missiles to hit the devils, and as signs to guide travelers. Vol. 2:158
In the case you are going to marry a Muslim Man:
Your children have to be raised according to their Muslim father's religion: Islam. If he divorces you, he gets custody of the children, and you wouldn't be able to see your children again. The Sharia (Islamic Law) states that in mixed marriages "the children will follow the better of the two religions of their parents", which in your case is considered Islam. The Qur’an states that Islam is the only true religion, "The religion before Allah is Islam" Surah 3:19. Non Muslims can not act as protectors to Muslims, "O ye who believe; take not for friends (protectors) unbelievers rather than believers" Surah 4:144
Should you survive your Muslim husband, and his wealth is in an Islamic country, the Islamic law will apply. The wife who has not converted to Islam gets nothing, the wife who has converted to Islam gets very little. According to the Qur’an a Muslim wife does not inherit all her husband's wealth. If the husband dies and he leaves no children, she gets a fourth of his wealth, his parents, brothers, uncles...etc will get the rest. If the deceased husband leaves children, then the wife gets an eighth, the children get the rest; the male child gets double the portion of the female. "In what ye leave, their (wives) share is a fourth if you leave no child; but if you leave a child, they (wives) get an eighth ; after payment of legacies and debts." Surah
Before You Say "I DO"
Before you commit yourself to marry a Muslim, it is a good idea to examine the motives behind it. While your motive may be love, his motive could be just to obtain a "Green Card". I know, they say "love is blind", I hope however that this message will serve as an eye- opener for you. You may say that your husband-to-be is a non-practicing Muslim. But let's not forget thatIslam is more than a religion; it includes a complete legal code for Muslims and non- Muslims to follow in an Islamic State. In case of a dispute between you and him, all he needs to do to get the upper hand over you is to travel to an Islamic country. If you are still in doubt about this, may I suggest that you see the movie "Not without my daughter" which is based on a true life story of an American woman who married a Muslim man. Other similar movies are: "Princess, Dreams of Trespass, and The Stoning of Soraya M?" This may be a life-saving experience. The lives you will save are your own, and those of your future children. "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14