Thursday 4 July 2019

Thoughts of a Brooding Apostate

Arslan: Thoughts of a Brooding atheist, an apostate and an anti-theist   

Greetings to All,

The paradigm of change in the fundamental understanding of Islam that the world is currently witnessing is truly astonishing and heartwarming.

As though people with relatively stable cognitions have suddenly realized that Islam is, in fact, not a religion but an absolutist political ideology feigning as a religion.

Faith freedom international is one of the most prominent platforms and sources that are powering this current paradigm of change.

Bravo and salutations to the members, affiliates, and authors that have set this site up.

I am Arslan, an ex-Muslim, and a hard line atheist.

I am highly critical of Islam in all of its forms and flavors, a ‘blasphemer’ so to speak. Although the very word makes no logical sense, as I believe it to be impossible to blaspheme against Islam. i.e. stating the historical and factual realities of Islam does not qualify as being blasphemes. For example, if someone says that Muhammad was involved in looting, pillaging, assassinations, and subjugation of masses, he/she is not blaspheming, because these are facts of Islamic history. I need not cite references. One can find an abundance of them on this fantastic site.

Philosophical musings aside, I will say something about myself:

I am a medical scientist working as a researcher in Leeds, UK.  I am a Pakistani national currently residing in United Kingdom.

Now a few words about Pakistan:

Pakistan is a land that is indefinable.  A hodgepodge of chaotic forces; societal, ethnic and political, whose inhabitants have one thing in common: their love and devotion to Islam.  It’s not a country, just a piece of land that has managed to survive a split in 1971 and an earlier war with India.

I believe that is enough about Pakistan (Pakistan=’The land of the pure’, or ‘Pure land’……Need I say more?).

My personal journey from being a Muslim to being an atheist has been eventful and fraught with a few threats here and there.

Firstly, I never was a devout Muslim…mostly I was a non practicing, borderline Muslim. My arrival in UK opened up avenues for me to study Islam in a critical manner.

There is absolutely no space for an individual who abandons Islam (i.e. commits apostasy) in an Islamic society. An apostate is considered, implicitly and explicitly, an enemy of Islam, and more importantly an enemy of the Islamic state. It becomes the duty of Sharia abiding citizens to kill such a person. Pakistan’s Penal code 295, 298 state that a ‘Blasphemer’ should be executed.

Everyone, on this site, must be well aware of Gogra incident where seven Pakistani Christians were burned alive because of the rumored allegation that they desecrated the Quran.

I know for a fact that I would not be safe in my native country.

The added reason for my fear is that I am an active atheist, and an active anti-theist. I go out and actively participate in spreading the truth. That is how it should be. But I always strive to keep a modicum of decency and engage in proper dialogue, I do not believe that spewing hate against Islam without any rational basis is a good strategy to make a point.  In fact it is quite counterproductive.

I have had dialogues with Muslim scholars. A few prominent Muslim students in Leeds know my views and they positively despise me.

So far I have received two threats (one of them hidden death threat).

I have emancipated two individuals, so far, from Islam just through dialogue. Although I would say that they were already susceptible but my discussion with them served as the last nail in the coffin of Islam for them, so to speak.

Truth about Islam must be spread. Nothing more, nothing less! It is our duty (at least that is my personal conviction).

I say this because the greatest victims of Islam, in most instances, are Muslims themselves. I know of so many incidents where this political ideology has caused untold suffering to so many people, including my loved ones.  

What Islam does to a person or a society is simply heartbreaking.  I am often moved to the brink of crying my heart out over how women are treated in my country. The tales are harrowing and demonic.

I have witnessed Islam, very closely, and it is a very morbid and convoluted ideology that completely warps the mind of a gullible human being.  Islam crushes people. It vanquishes the soul and destroys any sense of humanity.  It transforms a person into something else.

Regards

A concerned Brother

Source: http://www.faithfreedom.org/2009/09/06/thoughts-of-a-brooding-apostate/

IHS

No comments:

Post a Comment